When planning your marketing, you should have a plan.. the smarter, the better! Marketing that utilizes the acronym “S.M.A.R.T.E.R.” will help you achieve results, save money, and know what works and what still needs some work.
- Specific – Before you begin, outline specific goals. How will you know when you have achieved your goals if you never knew what your exact goals were?
- Measurable – If you don’t measure your results, you will have no way to know if your marketing is working.
- Attainable – Direct mail marketing has an average response rate of 2-3%, if your marketing draws a higher response rate, you are doing something right.
- Relevant – Ensure that your marketing is reaching the right audience with the right offer for that audience. Don’t send postcards about downsizing for retirement to first time buyers.
- Time-Sensitive – Create a sense of urgency in your recipient to prevent your offer from being put aside. You need to have the potential client want to contact you immediately.
- Evaluate – Determine how each of your marketing efforts performs. Only through evaluation will you be able to make educated future decisions about the direction of your marketing and the approaches that you should be taking.
- Reassess – Keep your business moving forward through constant reevaluation and the flexibility to change as needed and to tweak your plan until every marketing launch ends in success!
Your direct marketing, like your other approaches to promoting your business should be thoughtfully planned and implemented. If you need any assistance to create a successful direct marketing campaign, call us 1-866-763-8720. We are here to help!